Ok.. Let me just say that being in the States is AMAZING because there are so many fun brands that I haven’t been able to really try before now. Milani is definitely one of those brands and I am so glad to finally be home to try it.
I have talked about my quest for liquid liner a few times but most recently I have been on the hunt for a great liquid eyeliner pen because I like the fact that they generally streamline a makeup routine and are easier to use. I do, however, have strict requirements when it comes to my liquid eyeliner so it has taken a hot minute for me to find a good one.
The perfect liquid liner should:
1) Be Black (or whatever color it claims to be). This isn’t too much to ask, right? Apparently not.
2) Have a thick liquid consistency (pretty self explanatory. No runny liners, please!)
3) Have a firm (but pliable!) and thin tip. This is generally the hardest requirement for me to find.
4) Be a Pen (again, self explanatory.)
So how does the Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner Pen stack up?
1) It is AMAZINGLY pigmented. I’m talking blackest black with the first swipe of the wand.
2) It has a great consistency which isn’t too thin or too thick. This is great because the color stays put and doesn’t bleed all over the place. I absolutely hate it when that happens!
3) I think the applicator tip of the Milani “Eye Tech” Liquid Eyeliner Pen is my favorite part because it is literally perfect. It’s long, pliable (but firm!) and thin. My second favorite eyeliner, the L’Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense, was great but its applicator was inconsistent as far as thickness goes and tended to be on the thick side. The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen was TOO firm and had the firmness of a highlighter. The Milani eye pen, however, is absolutely perfect! It’s so easy to use.
4) It’s a pen! No more dipping back into the pot once the felt-tip applicator gets dry, hooray!
Do you want to know what the best part of this product is?
(I bet you guys thought I was going to talk about the applicator again…)
Well, the absolute best part of this product is the price! It was only $3.99 at Target which makes it HALF the price of the last eyeliner pen I tried. (Edit – as of March 2014 it seems that the price has gone up and the Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner is now retailing in the $7.50 range. Maybe I found it on sale? Who knows.)
So what do you think? Have any of you tried this product? Comment below and let me know!
Until next time 🙂