Christmas Day FiS Haul!

By  |  16 Comments

I couldn’t help it… I totally had a FiS moment (a term coined by my friend Emmie – aka Justtisems – which means “F**k it, Splurge!) today while I was out frolicking around Manhattan.

I have been on the hunt for the Maybelline Color Tattoo metals for awhile now and found them today! I didn’t pick up the silver because I already have it since it was released in Europe last year. I am working on a full review for these so be on the lookout for that in the next few days :)
I also picked up three of the new Maybelline (sensing a trend here?) “Whisper” lipsticks. It looks like these are a mix between the L’Oreal Colour Caresse lipsticks and Revlon Lip Butters but I haven’t given them enough of a chance yet to say for sure. Of course a review is coming soon!
The only non-Maybelline purchase I made was the new Rimmel Kate Moss Collection Matte Lipstick.  I have used the previous edition Kate Moss lipsticks that Rimmel released and liked them so I’m excited to see how this one compares.  I picked up a nude color so we’ll see!  I’m always on the hunt for a perfect nude lipstick.
The last thing I grabbed was one of the new Maybelline Vivid lipsticks and I am really excited about this!! I got the color “Vivid Rose” which looks to be an electric fuschia red. I can’t wait to wear it and show it to you all!
I was just thinking the other day that I hadn’t bought much makeup lately and this little splurge session sure changed that! I’m such a sucker for new products so naturally I had to pick up these the minute I saw them.
Have you tried these yet? Comment below and let me know!
FTC Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased with my own money. I am not being compensated in any way and all opinions are my own.

Casey is a 20-something beauty blogger living in New York City with her two miniature dachshunds. When she's not out scouring the local market for the latest and greatest beauty products she can be found playing tourist around NYC, watching Grey's Anatomy marathons, and dreaming of moving back to Europe.

16 Comments

1. Jasmine

December 26, 2012 at 12:40 am

I want the Kate Moss Matte lipsticks so bad but haven’t seen them anywhere yet! Nor I have I seen the Maybelline lipsticks… excited to see what you think!

• Beauty 101

December 26, 2012 at 1:06 am

I saw the new Maybelline lipsticks for the first time last night on Instagram and then I saw them in person at CVS today. The display was really full (thankfully!) so I’m sure they put them out this morning as they weren’t there last night for sure. Definitely check your local drugstores because I have a feeling that all the new products are going to be taking the places of the Christmas sets I’ve seen in stores lately. That’s exactly how it was in CVS today!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

2. piedev

December 26, 2012 at 2:11 am

So many color tattoo.. I heard that it’s very long lasting when you wear it.. But it’s not available on my country.. :(

beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

• Beauty 101

December 26, 2012 at 2:53 am

Oh no! I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t get my hands on the Color Tattoos. Maybe try ebay?

3. Beauty on a College budget

December 26, 2012 at 4:03 am

I didn’t even know that maybelline had new lipsticks out! Woah! I’m falling behind on my favorite brand! I can’t wait to read a review on that!

4. Krystal Caracol

December 26, 2012 at 4:44 am

I just bought Vivid Rose, I had to search a few stores to find one untouched. I wish they would seal these lipsticks, lol

• Beauty 101

December 27, 2012 at 2:27 am

I thought the same thing! Luckily my local CVS had a fresh display so none of them had been tampered with but I don’t understand why they’re not sealed! I really love the way Revlon does their lipsticks with a clear window on the lid – makes it so much easier to tell the color while keeping everything sanitary.

5. Amanda Val

December 26, 2012 at 6:21 am

I’m super intrigued by the Whisper lipsticks but I think I have to place a ban on myself – I’ve got way too many lippies already :P x

• Beauty 101

December 27, 2012 at 2:27 am

You and me both! I need to put a ban on myself ASAP because I can’t stop buying lipstick, haha.

6. luchessa

December 26, 2012 at 11:33 am

I guess there is nothing wrong with having all the Maybelline Color Tattoos, since they are simply fab!

7. Kori

December 28, 2012 at 1:30 am

I haven’t seen the metal colour tattoos around here yet, so I look forward to your swatches! Also, I love the Kate Moss lipsticks <3 xx

• Beauty 101

December 31, 2012 at 12:12 am

I am loving the Kate Moss lipsticks, too!

8. a!k0

December 30, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I have read a lot about the new products but where I live we don’t get any of these products at all sometimes or a year later.. so I have to be content just by reading reviews or watching them on youtube but so far they look awesome :) I am quite jealous now :P

x0x0

lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

• Beauty 101

December 31, 2012 at 12:15 am

I totally feel your pain!! My husband and I just moved here from Germany and we NEVER got any of the new releases. Our store on base was huge but was horrible at the same time, haha. Are you a military spouse by chance?

If you have the option to do so definitely check out Ulta’s website. That’s where I ordered a lot of my Color Tattoos and the new metals are going to be added to the permanent line in a few months (January or February) so hopefully they’ll be available online ASAP. Ulta also sells Covergirl as far as I know so you might get lucky! <3

Thanks for stopping by!